Restaurant Insurance in Oak Forest, Orland Park and Surrounding areas Throughout IL
Protecting Restaurants in Chicago and Surrounding Suburbs
Owning a restaurant comes with many responsibilities, including ensuring that you have a proper insurance policy in place. Without an insurance policy, you may have to pay for costly incidents out of pocket.
What Is Restaurant Insurance?
Restaurant insurance helps provide coverage that protects your business, assets and employees. There are many risks associated with running a restaurant, which can be mitigated through having the proper insurance policy.
What Does Restaurant Insurance Cover?
A restaurant insurance policy typically includes some combination of the following coverages:
- General liability insurance may help cover a company’s legal liability after accidental third-party property damage or bodily injury.
- Property insurance may offer financial protection if a restaurant’s property is ruined or damaged in an insurable event, such as a fire or theft.
- Liquor liability insurance may pay legal expenses and claims brought on by customers injured by an individual who was drinking at your establishment.
- Workers' compensation insurance may help provide replacement income and medical benefits to employees who become injured or ill due to a work-related incident.
- Business interruption insurance may provide ongoing income if your business is forced to shut down or cover costs for relocating your restaurant temporarily.
- Equipment breakdown coverage may cover the cost of repairing equipment that has broken down for reasons other than improper maintenance.
How Does Restaurant Insurance Work?
- Spoilage coverage may provide payment if a power outage or equipment malfunction causes perishable food to spoil.
Suppose you have insurance and an incident you believe your policy should cover occurs. In that case, you can file a claim with your insurance company by providing as many details as possible, including photos and videos, if applicable. If the claim is approved, your insurance provider will reimburse you for the damage minus your deductible. If a third party is filing a liability claim against your insurance, they can typically initiate the process and work with your insurer to receive payment.
How Much Insurance Does a Restaurant Need?
The amount of insurance a restaurant needs will vary based on the location, sales and various other factors. Discussing your business in detail with an experienced insurance provider to find the best coverage is essential.
Restaurant Insurance Quote in Oak Forest, IL
If you are interested in a quote for restaurant insurance, contact Jordan Insurance Services & Associates. We offer exceptional service and attention to detail to ensure you get the coverage needed for your unique situation.
Additional Restaurant Insurance Information: